Stuff to pimp your Windows Home Server

Hacking Windows Home Server is a blog dedicated to Microsoft's WHS technology. Brought to you by Donavon West, Microsoft MVP and author of LiveGadgets.net and donavon.com I'll also discuss the Hewlett-Packard HP MediaSmart Server EX470, EX475, EX485, EX487, the T7-HSA Tranquil Harmony Home Server and any other new Home Server hardware platforms that arise. You can also call this hacking or hackz. In any case I will show you some cool things to make your Microsoft Windows Home Server even sweeter.

A blog devoted to getting the most out of your
Windows Home Server by Microsoft MVP Donavon West.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Windows Live Writer and WHS

image Windows Live Writer jock Scott Lovegrove wrote a blog post about how to make your Windows Live Write draft posts store onto your Windows Home Server instead of your local drive.

Why would you want to do this? I'll give you a real world example: Many times I will write up a long article. But before I post, I'll have my wife do a quick once over and grammar check from her laptop. Right now I have to send her the draft. If we both were using Scott's method, she could simply make her edits. After she saved the file, I could open the file back up and do my post.

Check out his article.

Fin. Why not comment on what you've just read or even Digg It!

Microsoft Social Bookmark on Microsoft Social

0 comments:

Post a Comment