Stuff to pimp your Windows Home Server

Hacking Windows Home Server is a blog dedicated to Microsoft's WHS technology. Brought to you by Donavon West, Microsoft MVP and author of LiveGadgets.net and donavon.com I'll also discuss the Hewlett-Packard HP MediaSmart Server EX470, EX475, EX485, EX487, the T7-HSA Tranquil Harmony Home Server and any other new Home Server hardware platforms that arise. You can also call this hacking or hackz. In any case I will show you some cool things to make your Microsoft Windows Home Server even sweeter.

A blog devoted to getting the most out of your
Windows Home Server by Microsoft MVP Donavon West.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Follow Bushman's Quest

image

It sounds like watching some show on The Discovery Channel or TLC. Some guy name Bushman decided it was time to retire his old fleet of two old energy hogs and move in to the the millennium (computer wise at least) and build his own Windows Home Server.

"But I bought a Kill-A-Watt meter and hooked it up to the stack and saw that I was pulling 380 watts average, and decided that I had to do something to save some money on electricity.  Some research on the web brought me to such sites as homeserverhacks.com and mswhs.com, and I decided that I would try the WHS route."

I've been following off and on for about the last week or so and yesterday he finally got everything up and running. I say finally, because Bushman had to jump through hoops to get WHS to recognize his SATA drives properly. I don't want to ruin the ending so head over to his blog and read it for yourself.

Fin. Why not comment on what you've just read or even Digg It!

Microsoft Social Bookmark on Microsoft Social

0 comments:

Post a Comment